Re: kernel: ICMP: 158.155.0.1: Source Route Failed.

Derrik Pates (dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu)
Sat, 23 Mar 1996 09:18:39 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 22 Mar 1996 jms@pobox.com wrote:

> I have been getting this message a lot. What does this mean?
>
> kernel: ICMP: 158.155.0.1: Source Route Failed.
>
> This occurs when I have my PPP link up.

Try rebuilding your kernel with the "drop source routed frames" option
enabled. For some reason, it's trying to do source-routing, which can
only be done over a Token Ring network. With that enabled you shouldn't
get the error, as it'll ignore any frames that are (or it thinks are)
source-routed.

Derrik Pates
dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

--
Win95 isn't the problem - OS/2 and DOS are. Win95 is the answer.
-- also --