Re: Problems with tulip driver

Derrik Pates (dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu)
Fri, 22 Mar 1996 10:50:09 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 22 Mar 1996, Liam Hudson wrote:

> Kernels 1.3.76 and 1.3.77 will NOT compile for me.
> I think it is to do with the tulip ethernet driver I am using.
> Any idea anyone ??

I'm using the tulip 0.10 driver with 1.3.77 and it works fine. But you
have to do a couple things to make it work. First, go into linux
include/linux dir and copy etherdevice.h to etherdevice1.h. Edit
etherdevice1.h, and comment out the line (towards the bottom) about
struct init_etherdev. Then save this, and exit. Copy sched.h to sched1.h,
edit sched1.h and comment out the definitions for request_irq and free_irq
(somewhere close to line 350, should be able to search for it). Save and
exit.Get the 0.10 Tulip driver, and copy into linux drivers/net dir as
tulip.c. Edit it, and change the references to etherdevice.h and sched.h
to etherdevice1,h and sched1.h, respectively. Edit the Config.in in the
same dir, and uncomment the line for DEC DC21040 support. Do a make
config/menuconfig/xconfig and make sure that DEC DC21040 support is
enabled, and build your kernel. Should work just fine.

> --
> | Liam Hudson | Imperial College Of Science & Tech | Flat 1, 194 Cromwell Rd.|
> | l.hudson02@ic.ac.uk | South Kensington, London | Earls Court, London |
> | 0171 594 7685 | SW5 2BZ | SW7 0SN |

Derrik Pates
dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

--
Win95 isn't the problem - OS/2 and DOS are. Win95 is the answer.
-- also --