Re: Foating point error when compiling Linux 1.3.76 ?

Derrik Pates (dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu)
Fri, 22 Mar 1996 08:26:54 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 22 Mar 1996, taylor cc wrote:

> after doing a make mrproper then make config I get the following error
> in make zImage for Linux 1.3.76 near the end:

<-- some extra stuff cut out -->

> after this the prompt copmes up and if I type 'ls' with the -l option it
> says:
>
> Floating exception
>

> I have 24megs of RAM and am on a Pentium 100mhz.

Try adding a wait state to your RAM access or slowing your 16/8 bit ISA
buss speed down. The machine I work with at my job was freaking out
previously (P75, 32MB RAM, ASUSTeK MB) but by slowing down the 16-bit bus
speed it now works great - no probs at all. And, works just like a P75
should - nice and fast. Give it a shot, anyway.

Derrik Pates
dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

--
Win95 isn't the problem - OS/2 and DOS are. Win95 is the answer.
-- also --