Re: ncpfs and nfs

Thayne Harbaugh (thayne@lardav.com)
Thu, 21 Mar 96 07:34:11 MST

Andreas wrote
-------------------Snip-------------------------
Check the uid's, check the permissions, etc. It sometimes happens,
that
x >y
works locally, and not via NFS, because NFS is stateless :((((

permissions are 777 and uid and gid are correct. Local directories of the
Linux box can be exported without a problem. It's JUST the directories
mounted with NCPFS and then re-exported via NFS. On Sparcstations where they
are mounted I can create files with vi and other tools, delete files, etc.
The ONLY problem I have found is that I can't create a non-empty file by
using redirection. Strange . . .

I doubt it's an NFS problem because local directories with similar permissions
gid and uid work fine.

thayne_harbaugh@lardav.com