Re: FTP for latest patch

Andrew Walker (andy@lysaker.kvaerner.no)
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 08:31:47 +0100 (MET)

jack.mc@genie.com wrote:

> kernels & patches are available at: nic.funet.fi
> /pub/OS/Linux/PEOPLE/Linus/v1.whatever.

No, no, no, no, no.

The real path is /pub/Linux/PEOPLE/Linus/v1.x. As the FUNET
administrators tried to pint out recently, /pub/OS/Linux
is a link to /pub/Linux to accomodate all the old-timers
who haven't got used to the change - but they want it phased
out. Please don't use it.

BTW: an alternative for the patches is

ftp://ftp.cs.helsinki.fi/pub/Software/Linux/Kernel/v1.x

This is where they go first, but the number of anonymous users
allowed is quite limited, so go easy on it. I use it when I feel
there may be a new kernel but problems at FUNET mean that it isn't
copied there yet.

-Andy

--
Andy Walker                              Kvaerner Engineering a.s.
Andrew.Walker@lysaker.kvaerner.no        P.O. Box 222, N-1324 Lysaker, Norway

......if the answer isn't violence, neither is your silence......