Re: How often do digests come out?

Aaron Crane (AC8@soas.ac.uk)
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 20:19:03 GMT

Brian R. Doherty <doherty@rice.edu> wrote:
> I just switched to receiving digests from majordomo instead of one message
> at a time. However, several days have passed and not a digest to be
> found. What is the deal? How often do the digests come out?

And in reply,
David S. Miller <davem@caip.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Digests are known to be broken, I am trying to find time in my busy
> schedule to allocate some hours to debugging the problem. I'm afraid
> this may not be for a week or two though.

A workaround for this problem is to subscribe to the digest mirror at
morticia.physics.colostate.edu. This has two advantages: firstly, you can
get the digest rather than individual messages, and secondly, you can ease
the burden on the overworked vger server (and also save some of David
Miller's time). Send mail saying "subscribe linux-kernel-digest <your
email address>" to majordomo@morticia.physics.colostate.edu, and wait a
short while. :)

Regards.
--- Aaron Crane, undergrad at SOAS, University of London
Snail: International Hall, Brunswick Square, London, WC1N 1AS, England
Voice: +44 (0)171-837 0746 x7312 (ask for me in room 111)
ObSig: "Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea which could
only have originated in California." (Edsger Dijkstra)