Re: Kernel TODO list

Albert Cahalan (albert@ccs.neu.edu)
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 10:53:19 -0500 (EST)

> You could do a few things, like write a driver for my CD-ROM,
> it is a Funai. I hear the networking section could use a
> working on as well as SMP interrupts.

SMP on the Alpha
The faster bus for Alpha (the XMI bus, maybe).

> make a driver that allows the mpeg library's use a mpeg
> chip if you have one on the computer.

GGI covers this, and has a mailing list. To subscribe,
send e-mail to majordomo@eskimo.com with:
subscribe linux-ggi [username@host]

> Maybe even impliment winRPI modem protocal
> (the modem manufacturers leave the compression/decompression
> chips off the modem and make the processor do extra stuff).

This is extremely important. It might be difficult to buy
a traditional modem in a few years. I think you can get
documentation from Rockwell. (they make 70% of modem chips)