Re: keyboard/swap bug?

Colten Edwards (edwards@panasync.canuck.ca)
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 02:42:56 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 19 Mar 1996, David A Willmore wrote:

> On Mar 18, 9:54pm, Jeffery S. Coy Jr. wrote:
> > Subject: keyboard/swap bug?
> > since about 1.3.72, i have been having problems with my keyboard. no
> > oops's, it's just been acting up. i had been considering that my
> > keyboard might be going bad, but i thought i would check here first.
> >
> > with 1.3.72 & 73 i was getting lots of "keyboard error" messages, and
> > occasionally keystrokes on the qwerty side would generate "unrecognized
> > scancode: xxx", while the numpad side would be fine.

not here.

> > has anyone else noticed anything like this?
>
> I can second these exact complaints. I was shocked to find that my keyboard
> was entirely unresponsive one morning. Nothing woke the system up and I don't
> relish power cycling UNIX machines. Definitely got up on the wrong side of the
> bed that morning....

I have had this happen quiet frequently.. Keyboard lockup.. no response.
Machine is still running just fine though.. Screen saver kicks in
alright, compile finishes but no keyboard response at all. Reset button
time.. I've had this happen when compiling the kernel and also machine
just idling and nothing going on at all.

Colten Edwards