Re: Is anyone using EXT FS

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Johan Myr=E9en?= (jem@vistacom.fi)
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 16:31:29 +0200 (EET)

On Sun, 17 Mar 1996, Albert Cahalan wrote:

> If one is a newbie, ext==ext2.
>
> Bad logic:
> The standard filesystem is ext version 2.
> 'make config' asks if I want ext, so I say yes.
> Then it asks if that should be version two - yes there also.
>
> Terrible logic:
> The standard filesystem is ext version 2.
> I should mount my filesystem as type ext.

I think the config script should be changed so that it asks if you want
the ext file system AFTER it has asked if you want the ext2 file system.
The ext file system could perhaps also be labeled "the OLD ext file
system". I once fell in this trap myself: I answered yes to the ext file
system by mistake, even if I knew perfectly well that ext2 was what I
wanted. When the script asked for ext2, I hit myself on my head, pressed
Ctrl-C and started all over again...

Johan Myreen
jem@iki.fi