Re: 3c59x driver: Patch for "transmit timed out" and other things.

Andrew Crane (andrew@inweb.co.uk)
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 12:20:41 GMT

At 12:58 pm 19/3/96, Giuseppe Ciaccio wrote:
>Sorry, there is a flaw in my previous e-mail about the subject:
>
>the problem "transmit timed out" was detected on 3c590 cards only!
>3c595 cards work fine!

This is probably because of the bigger (32K) buffer in the 3c595.
Now I have a fix, albeit a bit kludgy, I'm at least up and running. When I
have a few hours to spend, I'm going to try to make a more elegant fix.

If you come up with a better fix than my udelay(900), I would be grateful
if you let me know.

All the best,
Andrew.

InterWeb Design Limited. Quality web hosting and internet services
Own domain name and mail forwarding/POP mail account ukp 85+VAT pa
regardless of your ISP. HTTP design and page make-up, programming
in Perl, 'C', Postscript, Pascal. Web URL: http://www.inweb.co.uk