Re: ps -awwxu floting exception

PAER LINDH (pt94pli@pt.hk-r.se)
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 11:05:58 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 19 Mar 1996, David Woodruff wrote:

> Hi There,
> I've had this problem for a while, but only recently joined the
> mailing list. In recent kernels (don't ask me from which - I haven't
> recorded) when I use the 'u' parameter of ps I get the following:
>
> tonka:~> ps -awwxu
> USER PID %CPU %MEM SIZE RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND
> Floating exception (core dumped)
>
> When I remove the 'u' parameter everything is fine. Sugestions?
>
> davidwoodruff
> --
> email: david.woodruff@tellurian.com.au
> ph: 0411 136 721

Download the new procps package from ftp.funet.fi in catalog:

/pub/Linux/sunsite/system/Status/ps

called procps-0.99a.tgz

and ps with -u parameter should work fine...

* Per Lindh * email: pt94pli@pt.hk-r.se *
* Software Engineering * *
* University of Karlskrona/Ronneby * *
* Adress: Tranbaersvaegen 20:19 * phone: +46-(0)457-12063 *
* S-37238 Ronneby * *
* Sweden * *