Re: 1.3.75 and scsi modules

Dale Scheetz (dwarf@polaris.net)
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 23:11:42 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for all the replies folks! Turns out I was missing sr_mod...
aha1542 doesn't get it autoloaded...grrr. Adding sr_mod to /etc/modules
should fix the problem.

On Tue, 19 Mar 1996, Bryn Paul Arnold Jones wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > mount: /dev/scd0 is not a block device
> look in /proc/filesystems have you got iso9660 in there ? (it's a bad
> error message)

It's in there...

> > As I got this error in .57 with module scsi, it was because there was no
> > aha1542 driver loaded, and that's not the case now.
> > The following is the output from lsmod:
> >
> > Module: #pages: Used by:
> > msdos 2 1
> > fat 6 [msdos] 1
> > isofs 5 0
> > aha1542 2 0
> > scsi_mod 7 [aha1542] 1
> > ppp 5 1
> > slhc 2 [ppp] 1
> > dummy 1 0
> >
> > I am running mount-2.5. Do I need to get a newer mount? Am I missing a
> > module, or is scsi as modules still broken?
> > Any ideas will be gratefully accepted.
> >
> nope, I don't think you have the filesystem avalable, rember this mount
> used to work, and kerneld is automatic, and mount shouldent notice.

Well it wasn't automatic enought :-(

Thanks,

Dwarf

aka Dale Scheetz Phone: 1 (904) 877-0257
Flexible Software Fax: NONE
Black Creek Critters e-mail: dwarf@polaris.net