Re: Triton chipset & bridge optimizing

mlord (mlord@pobox.com)
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 20:36:02 -0500

Ulrich Windl wrote:

> I have an Asustec board with an Intel Triton chipset. Having enabled
> "PCI bridge optimization" the kernel prints nothing during startup.
> Now I wonder, if the chipset has a PCI bridge at all, if it is
> detected, and if so, if it is supported.

I would suspect that there is no real need for kernel code to do this,
since virtually all Triton BIOSs already do it at power-on.

Thus, no added value for the added kernel code.
Same reason why the Linux IDE Triton driver does NOT include
code for programming the PIO modes of the drives.

-ml
the Linux IDE guy
(with full Triton Doc's)