Re: 1.3.74: xconfig: soundcard broken

Avery Pennarun (apenwarr@foxnet.net)
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 14:05:17 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Ulrich Windl wrote:

> > > xconfig craps out when I try to configure the soundcard. I can configure
> > > it just fine with menuconfig (Soundscape). Here's the trace.
>
> I also noted that with "make menuconfig" no /etc/soundconf is
> written. At least not if you changed the configuration previously
> made.

/etc/soundconf is a remnant of the "old-style" sound configuration. As long
as you use only the "new-style" Linux-config-compatible configuration, you
should not need /etc/soundconf, as your sound settings will be saved with
the rest of them in .config.

If this is a problem Hannu will need to change the configure scripts in some
way, however, I doubt that's necessary.

Incidentally I sent a patch in for xconfig that will make it work better for
your _initial_ sound config (ie. before local.h is generated). Previously,
it was not running 'make kernelconfig' automatically after the configuration
was done.

Avery