Re: Problem with dependencies and readonly files

Ulrich Windl (Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de)
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 09:49:40 +0100

On 15 Mar 96 at 7:40, Marty Leisner wrote:

> While we're talking about dependencies, I personally prefer
> .d files, which automatically get regenerated if the source is modified.

I once had it too on a slow machine. Usually you cahnge #includes
only at about 5% of your changes, but make will build dependencies
EVERY TIME. I usually remake dependencies before making the final
build.

> I also would prefer not to have hidden files...
>
> What's the opinion?
>

> --
> marty
> leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com
> Member of the League for Programming Freedom
Ulrich