Re: Ftape and PPP (long)

Eric F. Kahler ((ekahler@mars.superlink.net)")
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 21:25:23 -0500

jtoppe@hiwaay.net said:
> With 1.3.75 the PPP protocol behaves quite odd. File transfers either
> take forever, or abort prematurely. I also have trouble connecting.
> Also, Netscape 2.0 gives those "Connection Reset by Peer" messages
> again. This might be buggy Netscape, but I didn't get those in .66.

I can second that. Using bash shell scripts which have always worked in the
past, with kernel 1.3.75 it sometimes takes up to 6 attempts before I get a
_useful_ connection. By useful I mean one where the modems connect, the
address gets configure _and_ I am able to use the connection. All to often
(with kernel 1.3.75) everything connects but I can't do a thing with the
connection.

Eric.

From:  Eric Kahler.
ekahler@mars.superlink.net