Re: Config manager for Linux?

lilo (lilo@lions.reseq.ungov)
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 08:50:02 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 16 Mar 1996, Laszlo Vecsey wrote:

> I just move the /usr/src/linux/.config file (once configured) back down a
> directory level into /usr/src. Each time I grab a full distribution I
> just copy it back and I'm ready to go!

You can actually move it into /usr/src/linux/arch/<blah>/defconfig, which
allows you to do a `make mrproper' and have your previous values maintained
as defaults. I usually do that, since I want to run config for new releases
so I can see any new configuration options, but I want my previous values
maintained as defaults.

lilo