Re: Is anyone using EXT FS

Ralf Gerbig (gerbig@ibm.net)
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 22:19:11 MET

On 16-Mar-96 Speed Racer wrote:

>yes, believe it or not, some of us still use
>14.4 PPP links and have to share a phone, and don't find it very
>entertaining to download for an hour and a half a bunch of extra stuff i
>don't need.

Well, I'm on a 14.4 slip link that routes from GE through the US to
FI so no speed demon here. But getting the latest and greatest patches
takes from less than one minute to ten minutes, which is a small price
to pay considering the added workload of the maintainers if the kernel
tree is to be split.

I only downloaded one full tree in all of the 1.3 series, which is running
about a year now.

There are IMHO a lot more worthwhile things to work on than the growth of
the kernel source tree.>doesn't strike me as a huge problem; we already have to
go to different

--
Ralf