Re: on debugging loadable modules...

Mike Castle (mcastle@umr.edu)
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 19:51:50 -0600 (CST)

Amazingly enough Bryn Paul Arnold Jones said:
> On Thu, 14 Mar 1996, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> >
> > Any opinions? Did I leave out anything important?
> >
> You must be able to retreave what happened before the last crash, or
> there is no point, ie modules x, y, and z would have there symbol files lost.

I think merging this with syslog() features are a good idea. If
something is being loaded every time, mostly likely positions
will be the same upon every boot. If they're not often loaded
modules probably won't be loaded again before you have a chance
to examine the system.

And besides, keeping multiple versions around might give you a
chance to boot a stable version and recover the info without fear
of it being over written.

mrc

--
Mike Castle .-=NEXUS=-.  Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  mcastle@cs.umr.edu     and be right all the time, or not work at all