Re: nfsroot anyone?

Gerd Knorr (kraxel@cs.tu-berlin.de)
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 12:29:52 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 14 Mar 1996, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Mar 1996, David S. Miller wrote:
>

> > Is anyone actively using 1.3.73 with nfsroot on any machines? If so,
> > are you seeing any problems with this release? Thanks.

> Yep, I'm using it, and it works quite well. I have also written a Mini-Howto,
> and you can find the newest version at
> http://www.ag.or.at/~andreas/NFS-Root-Mini-Howto.html

David, seems you should write a few words more to explain what's the
problem...

For me, nfs-root works fine up to 1.3.72, but its broken in 1.3.73 (74
too). I get an Oops while the kernel tries to exec init, and my box hangs
with a 'NFS-Server not responding' (For some more details see my other
post).

Gerd