Re: EMERGENCY!!! ...(shadow passwords)

Samuel Koods (sam@ns.cnsnet.net)
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 14:37:28 -0600 (CST)

William P. McGonigle wrote:

> --- Timothy Kulig wrote:
> How do I compile with Shadow password on?
> --- end of quoted material ---
>
> I don't have a good definitive answer for this yet, but check out my updated
> linux-netatalk page on its new, not-really-open-yet home at
>
> <http://artoo.hitchcock.org/~flowerpt/projects/linux-netatalk/>
>
> for some leads I'm investigating.
>
> If anyone has this working right, please contact me so I can update the page
> properly.

The patch for shadow passwords at the above URL did the trick,
thanks to Bill McGonigle <William.P.McGonigle@Hitchcock.ORG>. But before I
could get it to work (after patching), I :
- Replaced SHADOW with SHADOW_PASSWORD (etc/afpd/auth.c)
(my /usr/include/shadow.h has a #define SHADOW)

- Replaced -DSHADOW with -DSHADOW_PASSWORD (etc/afpd/Makefile)

Appletalk users are able to login to the Linux (1.3.69) machine. (Printing
works fine.)

**BUT** root is still unable to log in from Appletalk. I don't know if it is
the lack of RTFM'ing on my part.

--
Samuel Koods
Cimarron Network Services