Re: Filesystem state: not clean with AHA2940W AIC7870

Stephen Ferrell (ferrell8@pandora.marshall.edu)
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 01:58:25 -0500 (EST)

I've been running 1.3.40 with a 2940W for about 3 months, it works fine.
>From my experence ide and scsi should be happy working together.
I have seen some strange errors with dos and linux partitions on the same
ide disk but never with scsi. If you are still running 1.3.20 you might
go to 1.3.40. It has been a very stable kernel from my experence. I use
it at home and it runs to machines I admin at school. It has never done
anything to strange. A note about processors. During christmas P-120s were
in short supply. I have heard that some vendors were overclocking 100s and or
using substandard chips. I had one of these chips and it caused me lots of
trouble. Another thing you might check is the drive termination, especally
if its an internal disk. Scsi disks have a te jumper. te is
termination. If its jumpered it is usually terminated. Improper termination
can cause very strange effects.

Stephen