Re: A dos based Linux system

Hasdi R Hashim (hasdi@umich.edu)
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 14:29:48 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Mar 1996, Marty Leisner wrote:
> > > Wouldn't it be nice if GO32.EXE could run a linux executable, like GCC!
> I think it would be call vmlinuz.exe. ;-)
> Much more reasonable to run dosemu and run dos applications.
>
> what go32 was a memory management stub load...with dpmi, it went away...

Sure.... but I think what makes dos-based linux system attractive is that
you give people another reason do develop linux applications. You can run
the 32-bit binaries not only on linux but also in dos/windows; people will
just develop a single binary that works on almost all platforms. On the
other hand, this gives another reason to stick to dos/windows, you run can
linux binaries from there too. If we plan this right... it might go in
favor of linux.

golinux.exe! :)

Hasdi