Re: Patch for getrusage

imdb (db@giza.cephas.com)
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 03:53:59 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 10 Mar 1996, Colten Edwards wrote:

> I was on irc last night and someone mentioned that getrusage didn't
> return the correct information on linux systems so I had a quick look and
> found the well we don't return anything for mem usage in getrusage. So I
> looked around and found that fs/proc/array.c basically returns most of
> the getrusage structure. I copied a part of that function over to
> kernel/sys.c and came up with this solution. Don't know if it's the best
> solution but it seems to work. Notice the linus coding style :)

I'm happy to see that irc was used in a positive way :) Mailing lists
with hundreads of knowledgeable kernel hackers are good, but there's
nothing more stimulating then a live discussion with fellow Linux
enthusiasts.

For achat about Linux, drop by the Wasteland IRC Net, at
irc.wasteland.org (this will put you on a server at random, to distribute
load). This irc net is fairly new, but more importantly, it's free of
lag, and and of splits.

Db