Re: Linux-Kernel FAQ?

Laszlo Vecsey (master@internexus.net)
Sun, 10 Mar 1996 15:53:00 -0500 (EST)

> After having been subscribed to this list for a little over three
> months, I have yet to see a posting of a linux kernel development faq. What
> I have seen are over fifty quesitons that are repeated over and over. I think
> that if there is a faq, it should be posted. If there isnt a faq, I'd like
> to propose that we create one.

The messages aren't really being asked over and over, month after
month... its just that the latency of the mailing list is very poor such
that if the current kernel release is 1.3.72, people are still posting
complaints about 1.3.69 (in many cases the bug has been fixed already)!

> I'm not talking about a general linux faq. Just kernel specific
> questions and answers -- like the procps / floating point exception problem
> that anyone who's new to the 1.3 series experiences. Include a list of
> current projects, major concerns/bugs, et cetera.

Well, I guess we have to find someone to start writing the FAQ.
Maybe it shouldn't even be a concrete FAQ that will get updated and
updated over the months, becoming very large. It might be useful to just
have a small text file with only the recent concerns mentioned in it.