Re: A dos based Linux system

Hasdi R Hashim (hasdi@umich.edu)
Sun, 10 Mar 1996 14:52:03 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 9 Mar 1996, Robert de Bath wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Mar 1996, Hasdi R Hashim wrote:
> > Yeah cool! Maybe somebody might want to create a 'dos-based linux system'.
> > That a way I can run linuxdoom or abuse from DOS. Probably make it a
> > standard package in Dos-C. :)
> >
> > Hasdi
> This is not such a silly idea, you may have heard of a little program called
> GO32.EXE - the most original part of DGJPP, well there's been a item on my
> 'Wouldn't it be nice if' list for quite a while ...

I kinda got stumbled into djgpp a while back. Problem with using go32 is
that djgpp v2.0 doesn't use go32 anymore (at least that is what I
understand from the faq) and two, go32 only works for COFF binary format.
What we need is 1) a go32 that works on ELF and 2) shared libraries that
works on DOS.

I think it should work, at least for the "Hello world" program... :)

Hasdi