Re: EtherExpress problems

Philip Blundell (pjb27@cam.ac.uk)
Sun, 10 Mar 1996 14:48:30 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 9 Mar 1996, Simon Tatham wrote:

> unreliable. This is nothing to do with the standard Linux driver
> being broken (although IMHO it is), because Intel's *DOS* drivers
> don't work very well either. The damn cards are *not* rock solid.

Well no, that's not very true. Modulo the boot-up problems, the DOS
drivers *do* seem to work perfectly OK on the machines you're talking
about. The Linux driver in 1.3.71 is better than the old one, but it
still suffers random lockups when in use from time to time. I intend to
try to make things better in this department when I have time.

P.