EURO-ISDN

Lauri Tischler (laurit@lthome.fipower.fi)
Sat, 9 Mar 1996 13:47:32 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, Alan Cox wrote:

> Be very careful with ISDN kit.. remember like modems it has to certified
> by whatever national authority applies. In some countries that means the
> government funded telecomm body and you may not be able to get a board
> without being ripped off.

After doing some inquering around I found out that this is not really
the case, at least if so-called EURO-ISDN is conserned. The EURO-ISDN
standard is 'pan-european' and if the product carries a 'CE-approval'
certificate it is accepted by all local telecomm companies without
local approval.

---
Lauri Tischler               Office Phone : +358-0-47846331
Network Admin                Mobile Phone : +358-40-5569010
Finlandia Interface Oy       Office Fax   : +358-0-47846500
Piispanportti 12             EMail        : ltischler@fipower.fi
02110 Espoo FINLAND