Re: "Socket destroy delayed" on Linux 1.3.70

DUPRE Christophe (duprec@jsp.umontreal.ca)
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 09:51:45 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 7 Mar 1996, Jeffrey Sullivan wrote:

> Has anyone experience this problem ? I have and HP Vectra UX 5/133c with AMD
> Lance net card. When I initially installed the new 1.3.70 kernel, the
> networking was performing wonderfully. However, after allowing the system to
> run over night I began to receive the following whenever I attempted to "ping"
> or "ftp." (i.e., any attempt at accessing the network.) Also, I receive the
> following message sporadically. It takes over the screen. (I don't have X
> working yet.)

I'm using 1.3.68 on a 486/66 20 megs RAM, and see this message when I let
the system running overnight.... Usually stopping the PPP connection and
restarting it up corrects the problem....

When I begin receiving these messages, I'm unable to do a netstat (it
just freezes), and telnet/ftp/ping all fails...

Christophe Dupre Universite de Montreal
Internet: duprec@jsp.umontreal.ca Qc, Canada
Montreal, Qc, Canada
"Nous ne sommes pas libres de ne pas etre libres, nous sommes obliges de
l'etre" - Fernando Savater

-- Geek Code 2.1 --
GCS d-- H+ s:++ g+ !p au-* a19 w+ v+ C++(+++) UIL++>+++ P+>++ L++
3- E---- N++ K W- M- V-- Y+ t++ 5++ !j R+ G- tv b++

#include <disclaimer.h>