Re: SCSI Kernel Problem - BAD

Leonard N. Zubkoff (lnz@dandelion.com)
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 00:48:12 -0800

Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 22:28:42 +0100 (MET)
From: Andreas Kostyrka <andreas@medman.ag.or.at>

On Wed, 6 Mar 1996, Leonard N. Zubkoff wrote:

> How reproducible is this supposed to be? I built a vanilla 1.3.71 kernel,
> setup one 2.1GB disk as /x and another as /y, populated /x with 377MB of
> X11 source files, and then executed the above find | cpio (without the -v)
> 10 times in a row copying from /x to /y and then deleting the files on /y.
> No problems whatsoever.

Try coping a huge (>= 400MB) file from /x to /x. This works for me every
time :( (But it could be a problem with this f*c*ed Quantum Empire 2100S.
:( or something in rel. 17 of the NCR-8xx-driver :( )

I'm pretty sure this is an NCR driver issue; I can still cause the NCR driver
to fail under high loads. In any event, I tried copying a 475MB file and it
didn't cause me any problems.

Leonard