Re: Linux isn't an operating system

Steve VanDevender (stevev@efn.org)
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 13:47:46 -0800

Richard Stallman writes:
> I call these collections "Linux-based GNU systems" to help promote
> unity and cooperation in the whole community. I hope some of you will
> join me in doing this.

There are two assumptions in your argument that I don't think many other
people are agreeing with.

One is that you assume a disunity between the Linux and GNU developers
that needs to be corrected.

The other is that you assume the term "Linux-based GNU system" will
actually promote this greater sense of unity.

In order to gain wider acceptance for your proposal I think you will
need to convince others that your assumptions are valid.