Re: Linux-1.3.71..

Robert Riggs (rriggs@tesser.com)
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 01:19:25 -0700 (MST)

> Hi, I'd ask everybody who have seen strange things with virtual consoles to try
> out 1.3.71 - I found a potential reason for the "bleeding" behaviour (where
> text from one console bleeds to another when you do a VC switch), and hopefully
> fixed that in the latest kernel.
>
> (The kernel doesn't compile if you don't enable MODULE support, so answer "y"
> to that question or apply the small patch that has already made it to the
> kernel mailing list to get 71 to compile even without CONFIG_MODULES. Mea
> culpa)
>
> Linus

This fix worked great for me. I had problems when switching between
X and a VT. The X screen would come back with the left and right
halves swapped or there would be a line or two of text on the bottom
of the screen. Switching VCs again would fix this. I no longer have
this problem.

Rob
(rriggs@tesser.com)