Re: init und Linux 1.3.69

Martin Junius (junius@bosw5.bo.nmp.nokia.com)
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 15:30:31 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 6 Mar 1996, Etudiant ARENZANA wrote:

> It seems that your problem is due to a feature of 'shutdown' :
> If you have a file named /etc/shutdown.allow, shutdown will check to see if any
> user listed in this file, or root, is logged in. If not, it will write the
> message 'shutdown : no authorized users logged in' to /dev/console (you may not
> see it, I experienced problems with the 'physical' console not being written to
> any tty), and won't do anything else.

I don't have this file and the reboot process actually starts, but hangs
after "INIT: sending TERM signal to all processes...". When logged in,
everything is fine.

I'll try to install the latest version of sysvinit as announced on this
list, maybe this will help.

Martin

--
|\/|  |   Martin Junius                 mailto:junius@bosw5.bo.nmp.nokia.com