[NOISE]: Linux is not an OS.

Laszlo Vecsey (master@internexus.net)
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 14:25:01 -0500 (EST)

> Richard Stallman (rms@gnu.ai.mit.edu) wrote:
> : on NASA TV last week indicate that computers running under the Linux
> : operating system are being used on STS-75. Linux is powerful 32-bit
> : multiuser, multitasking operating system similar to Unix in many ways
> : except cost and licensing....
> :
> : Linux was designed a few short years ago by Linus Torvalds, a graduate...
> :
> : This article makes a common mistake: confusing the whole operating
> : system with the kernel. Linus Torvalds wrote the kernel, Linux. A
> : whole operating systems consists of Linux and many other programs,
> : which were written by a great many people.
>
> At least they did better than Reuters, who messed up completely with
> the following:
>
> > Caldera's system is developed in Linux, a programming language created
> > by Linus Torvalds in Helsinki in the early 1990s that can be downloaded
> > for free and which requires further developers to make source codes
> > based on it available.

There is no point in debating all this nonsense, we all know that most of
these articles are written by people who don't really know whats going on,
and editted by people who know even less.

Cyberspace, shareware, freeware, operating system, GNU etc ... they're all
buzzwords to them. Linux is cyberspace.

----
(Interpret sarcasm where necessary)