Re: Long-standing bugs and typos

Michael Neuffer (neuffer@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de)
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 02:44:50 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 5 Mar 1996, Johannes Kroeger wrote:
> Here is a small collection of bugs and typos that should be fixed before the
> next stable release.
>
> 2. Some files in /proc have wrong permissions:
>
> /proc/scsi% ls -li
> 256 -rw-r--r-- 2 root wheel 0 Mar 5 20:03 scsi
> (It should be -r--r--r--, although writing to this file does nothing.

No, the permissions are correct. One of the things you can effect by
writing to /proc/scsi/scsi is the rescan for a new scsi device.

> The link count seems also wrong, there are no other /proc files with
inum 256.)

I have a fix for that which I'll send to Linus with my next set of patches.

Mike

"Maybe you should telephone the Internet and talk to their tech
support people."
(Reply from an AOL tech-support rep speaking to a customer complaining
about e-mail that failed to go through.)
(SOURCE: Internet World, February 1995, p. 18)