Re: modules-1.3.69

Bjorn Ekwall (bj0rn@blox.se)
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 12:13:27 +0100 (MET)

Martin Kasper Petersen wrote:
>=20
>=20
> Hello,
>=20
> [conf.modules vs. *.conf]
>=20
> Mike> Seriously, I'd like to see the config file follow the same
> Mike> naming convention as the ever other package I have installed.
>=20
> Agreed. I think Bj=F8rn should consider changing this (hint).

I offer you a compromise: In the current (unofficial) modules-1.3.69a.t=
ar.gz
I have hidden a couple of line in depmod/modprobe that will make it loo=
for "/etc/modules.conf" as well, in case it couldn't find "/etc/conf.mo=
dules".
My (second-hand) understanding of the FSSTND was that "conf.modules" wa=
the Officially Correct Way to name this file, but then there is the
vote from reality as well... Oh well...

Bjorn <bj0rn@blox.se> <http://www.pi.se/blox/>