Re: Blind-access patch for Linux 1.3.x

Ulrich Windl (Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de)
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 11:28:50 +0100

On 5 Mar 96 at 17:23, Kenneth Albanowski wrote:

> This patch is intended to make Linux easier for the blind to use. It was
> based was produced and tested on 1.3.67, but should work on all 1.3.x
> kernels. The following changes have been made:

Aren't there ioctl()s to enable back-scrolling? (Or only for VC
switching?) Maybe we should add them.

I think the rest of the patch is unnecessary; just start some script
as root to disable back-scrolling.

> 1. A new global kernel variable "blind_flag" is made, which defaults to
> zero.
[...]
> --
> Kenneth Albanowski (kjahds@kjahds.com, CIS: 70705,126)

I have nothing against the idea, but we should keep it simple.

Ulrich Windl Klinikum der Universitaet Regensburg
Rechenzentrum DV-med Franz-Josef-Strauss-Allee 11
Tel: +49 941 944-5879 D-93053 Regensburg
FAX: +49 941 944-5882
Just imagine my mail address were <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni.r.de>...