Re: iBCS w/1.3.71

William M. Perkins (bill@grnwood.richmond.us.net)
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 22:05:02 -0500 (EST)

> On Tue, 5 Mar 1996, Baba Z Buehler wrote:
> > After rebuilding iBCS for 1.3.71, this is what I get when I try to insmod it:
> >
> > root@tigger[3]: insmod iBCS
> > create_tables undefined
> > Failed to load module! The symbols from kernel 1.3.71 don't match 1.3.71
>
> A quick fix is to use the insmod-1.3.69-HACKER_TOOL.tar.gz, available
> from:
> ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/ALPHA/dosemu/insmod-1.3.69-HACKER_TOOL.tar.gz
>
> It allows lookup of undefined symbols in modules using /System.map or any
> other specified map file.
>
> -james

I am having the same problem that Baba is experiencing. I checked
the System.map file created for 1.3.71 and discovered that the
'create_tables' entry did not exist. It did exist in the 1.3.70
System.map file. The System.map for the 1.3.71 did have the
following entry: create_aout_tables. It looks like the entry's
name has been changed, but changing the 'create_tables' name
to 'create_aout_tables' in the iBCS sources and re-compiling does
not work either. Loading iBCS in that case says that
'create_aout_tables' is undefined. :-)

Bill

--
William M. Perkins                       Internet - wperkins@us.net