Re: Sorry to disturb you ... but my make refuse to work.

Wilder Donald (dwilder@tigger.netops.gtefsd.com)
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 16:09:02 -0500

--PART-BOUNDARY=.19603041609.ZM29790.netops.gtefsd.com
Encoding: 34 X-Zm-quoted-printable

On Mar 4, 10:31am, Carlos Magno Ferrao da Silva wrote:
> Subject: Sorry to disturb you ... but my make refuse to work.
>
> [ text/plain
> Encoded with "quoted-printable" ]:
> I try to found any documentation about how to do the task, but unfortun=
ely
i'm > not succeed.
> So, I just unpack from / the archives that I get from an ftp server.
> Now, when I try to compile a new kernel I got the following messages :
>
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
> When I simply do make,
>
> Or when I do make menuconfig
>
> make: *** No rule to make target 'menuconfig=B4. Stop.

Make sure that you are logged in as root. Some Makefiles only respond pro=
perly
to root users.