Re: Ensoniq PnP

Hannu Savolainen (hannu@voxware.pp.fi)
Sun, 3 Mar 1996 22:36:23 +0200 (EET)

On 3 Mar 1996, Jacques Frechet wrote:

> Well, spring is coming soon, and the latest kernels and sound drivers don't
> seem to have changed the fact that the sound driver just doesn't see my card.
> Is there any hope for me? Or am I perhaps misunderstanding the problem
> completely, and posting this message in the wrong place to boot? ;)
It looks almost certain that support for PnP soundcards will not be
available within this winter. Some kind of _experimental_ proto version
will be made available soon after beta testing of version 3.5 of the sound
driver is complete and Linux 2.0 is out (in April?). Implementing the
final solution will take longer.

best regards,

Hannu
Hannu Savolainen <hannu@voxware.pp.fi>