Re: lp module irk

Sun, 3 Mar 1996 00:38:13 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 1 Mar 1996, Alan Cox wrote:

> > What's got me irked is that every time lp loads, it resets
> > the printer. I've got a BJ200ex, so this means it ejects
> > the current sheet, makes a lot of moving-the-print-head
> > noise, and sets it to "High Quality" mode. This is not
> > acceptable. Furthermore, it starts using the polling code
> > instead of IRQ 7. That's annoying, too.
>
> So fix it. Make it take command options for not resetting
> and IRQ choice.
>
> > Also, if I knew how to give lp an option in conf.modules to
> > use irq 7, that would fix that bit. (Tell me how.) But it
> > still isn't what I want, exactly.
>
> insmod can set global variables in the module. Take that and
> the source and have fun.

Hmm, yep, I had this problem too (irq one), and sloved it with 'options
lp io=,0x378 irq=,7' this works for me, but check the settings for your
self (the commas are needed as on my hardware, the one lp port is lp1,
not lp0). This won't fix the paper ejecting, but will set the driver to
irq mode.

[...]
Bryn

--
PGP key available from any good server   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
1024/EB275221 1995/09/05 Bryn P. A. Jones |            initiated.