Re: LILO problems

Fri, 1 Mar 1996 00:43:00 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 29 Feb 1996, Phillip wrote:

> No, If I changed the lilo.conf from the setup's one it wouldn't work...
> Only the default versio would work....
> The the disk geom would explain it... Mayby if it was in the last sectors
> so when I used a Me-compiled kernel, that was smaller, it wasn't nessacary?
> My cyc are > 1024....

Hmm, is your lilo stuff in a partiton that crosses the 1024 cyl boundry ?
Lilo can't read anything past the 1023'd cyl. What options are in the
default lilo.conf (I don't know anymore), the ones that matter are things
like:
compact works some places, not others, try removing
linear try adding this if it's not there

Bryn

--
PGP key available from any good server   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
1024/EB275221 1995/09/05 Bryn P. A. Jones |            initiated.