Re: make fails ...

Tue, 12 Mar 1996 13:25:11 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 11 Mar 1996, Robert Anthony Nader wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm sure I read somthing like it from this list a few days ago.
> I shouldn't delete things so quickly ;)
>
> Are there archives of this mailing list, if so where?
>
> As some already know ... I've upgraded to ELF gcc2.7.2,libc.5.2.18,
> g++thelatest, binutils, etc ...
>

> when I try and 'make' anything I get:
>
> # make
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

Classic, I don't read the release.<package> notes. If you had read the
libc5.2.18 release notes, it would have told you that a bug in the libc
has been fixed, (which brakes make), theres, a patch at the end of it,
but you can get a fixed binnary (called
make-3.74-direntfix-bin-elf.tar.gz), that was in the incoming directory
on sunsite.unc.edu, the lsm sais it's going to /pub/Linux/devel/make, but
it could be else where, and you'd better try a mirror of sunsite, as it's
dieing under the loaded.
Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgoten,    \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.