Re: 1.3.68 & vfat: directory shows up as file

Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
1 Mar 1996 00:07:18 +0100

In article <4h50js$bn6@news.csie.nctu.edu.tw>,
=A4K=B6=B3 <ysfang@csie.nctu.edu.tw> wrote:
>Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl) =B4=A3=A8=EC:
>: it here. When I mount my windoze '95 VFAT partition with
>: mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt, my Win95/ directory shows up as a file=
!
>: When I mount it as type msdos, it works as expected.
> I also have this problem in 1.3.69 .
> I have a very large directory named 'temp', when i mount the vfat sy=
stem,
> linux show it as an excutable file. But when I changed the name to '=
back'
> the problem is gone!
> Anyone knows why this happend?

The author just informed me that this sometimes happens if you
have a directory that has the same name as the LABEL of the
disk. Did you by any chance happen to label the disk 'temp' ?

Mike.
--=20
Miquel van | Cistron Internet Services -- Alphen aan den Rijn=
.
Smoorenburg, | mailto:info@cistron.nl http://www.cistron.nl=
/
miquels@het.net | Tel: +31-172-419445 (Voice) 430979 (Fax) 442580 (Data=