Re: kernel 1.3.67 and terminal

Thu, 29 Feb 1996 17:59:28 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 29 Feb 1996, Clay Hopkins wrote:

> Hiya! I've just installed kernel v. 1.3.67 on my machine, and I now get
> an error when booting that says my terminal type is unknown. When I do
> an echo TERM, I get "linux". Since the type is unknown according to the
> kernel, I can't run anything even as simple as vi! Any suggestions or
> help would be greatly appreciated.

# export TERM=console
# cd /etc
# pico termcap
(or your prefured editor)
find the console entry, and add a 'linux|' to the front, mine looks like
this (after editing, and it's not the whole entry):
linux|console|con80x25|dumb:\

> C. Hopkins

Bryn

--
PGP key available from any good server   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
1024/EB275221 1995/09/05 Bryn P. A. Jones |            initiated.