Re: vger *should* produce quoted-printable (fwd)

Mon, 26 Feb 1996 02:38:45 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 25 Feb 1996, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> What the 8-bit standard SHOULD have done would have been to make _one_
> very simple new RFC: a RFC that updates the old mail RFC's and requires
> mailers to be 8-bit clean. PERIOD. None of this 8BITMIME and QP sh*t.
> That would have forced vendors to actually _fix_ their setups in order
> to be able to say that they comply with the RFC's.

[...]
Ok, How do we initate a new RFC ....

> Linus

Bryn
PS anyown answers that RETORICAL (sp?) question, and I'll scream.

--
PGP key available from any good server   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
1024/EB275221 1995/09/05 Bryn P. A. Jones |            initiated.