Re: /proc problems: 1.3.6[46]

John Hansen (jhansen@nando.net)
Sun, 25 Feb 96 17:30:57 GMT

In article <199602210018.TAA01078@udgaard.isgtec.com>, Peter <peter@udgaard.isgtec.com> wrote:
>I don't know about Pentium PCI bridge chipsets, but the ps-problem is an easy
>one. Just make sure you have procps-0.99 installed on your system when running
>newer kernels. This has actually been discussed for a lengthy time on this list
>and that was very helpful when I eventually got the problem (when upgrading to
>Slackware 3.0).
>
>Hope it helps :-)
>
>Peter

While this may have worked for some I am afraid it does not work for me, and
many others. I have 1.3.66 a.out/elf combination and top with 0.99 or 0.99
will not work. I am using gcc 2.6.3 a.out and cannot even get the procps-0.9x
series to compile. My understanding is that the 0.99 stuff is elf so when i
compile 1.3.66 as a.out/elf i would assume the elf top should work but it does
not.

john

John Hansen jhansen@nando.net
NesNah Enterprises