Re: Linux-1.3.67 - codename "Greased Weasel got Alzheimers"

Chris Evans (chris@jcr00.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 18:30:39 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 23 Feb 1996, Paul Slootman wrote:

[snip... re: 1.3.67]

> The interactive response was not good, and progressively seemed to get
> worse (the mouse cursor did not move smoothly, holding down a key did
> not show a smooth repeat; instead characters were echoed in groups,
> moving an opaque window was horrible).

[snip... nothing consuming much process time etc.]

I am running 1.3.68, and after initially _motoring_, it's now running
like a complete dog. top shows no processes eating CPU time, but the
machine is behaving as if something were. No swapping is evident. I'm
running a pretty sorry NE2000 clone card.

Sorry I can't offer more than that, perhaps it's still interesting
network timer problems? I haven't had this problem under 1.3.57 or earlier.

-- Chris