Re: strange messages on 1.3.68, maybe others?

Ulrich Windl (Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de)
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 09:56:01 +0100

On 23 Feb 96 at 0:00, Michael Stiller wrote:

[interesting test deleted]

> After that i issued 'exec halt' on the console
> and got AFTER "System halted":
>
> "Hmm.. Trying to use unallocated swap...."
> and something other (printed only on console, i don't remember now)

I guess it's async. I/O. Maybe we need a new wait condition
somewhere. BTW: Are drivers closed when the system is going down?
(All modem connection hang up, etc..)

Also I wondered if you have APM support, shouldn't the default
builtin halt action switch to power saving mode? I'm not sure whether
doing this after a panic is still a good idea (bacause the system
might crash ;-))

> -Michael
Ulrich