Re: Beginners using 1.3

Andrae Muys (A.Muys@mailbox.uq.oz.au)
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 09:16:32 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Stephen Lee wrote:
> On Feb 19, 11:03am, Snow Cat wrote:
> > Clayton O'Neill once wrote:
> > > On Mon, 19 Feb 1996, Robert of the smileys wrote:

> Of course it should be able to be bypassed. Say a kernel command line
> option
>
> betakey=458739

Why bother even with a random number, we are talking about people who
don't read the doc's right. In that case why not just use

betakey=42 (good number :)

and then those who already know they are dealing with a alpha version
could disable it before the first reboot.

Andrae Muys.

a.muys@mailbox.uq.oz.au | #include <favourate_disclaimer.h>

Andrae Muys | When people make sweeping statements about
DSTC, RDU-CRC | "Ms Crapware" or some such nonsense it's
University of Queensland. | almost directly related to trying to run
Australia | those applications under Windows...